The MPNO has submitted applications for two grant programs. We submitted two apps for the Mayor’s NAB grant program. One for a Moores Park Dam Riverside Restoration that includes planting native vegetation and the other for creation of public art by the community to be set around the river.
The Love Your Block grant application was for Moores Park and the Lansing River Trail (LRT) specifically with the installation of an outdoor bulletin board and park map; permanent aluminum benches; two permanent waste bins; and pet waste stations.
Wayfinding Signs In-Ground Installation
Thanks to all the volunteers and REACH for making the creation of these signs happen! They are going to be seen around the neighborhood this year. We will need 3-4 volunteers in early May to help put posts in the ground and hang signs. If you can help please email email@example.com
Join us for the MPNO March meeting on Wednesday, March 14 from 6:30 – 8:00pm. We’ll give neighborhood updates, ask for 2018-19 officer nominations, and talk about summer events!
Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) Project
REMINDER: The CSO O34C Project will begin construction this year. A public information meeting was held on October 19, 2017 at the St. Casimir Church. This wet weather control program will affect a majority of our neighborhood. View the Project Map
We hope that additional information on this project will be provided to us. You can also visit the project webpage for more details and video of the October meeting.
SAVE-THE-DATES (2018 events so far…)
- March 14: Regular Meeting, 6:30-8pm (2018/19 board nominations accepted)
- March 24: Easter Egg Hunt, Moores Park
- April: Spring Newsletter and Welcome Bag Distribution
- June 13: Regular Meeting, 6:30-8pm (voting for 2018/19 board members)
- 3rd Saturdays, June – Sept.: Movie Nights (looking for hosts/suggestions)
- Late Summer (August/Sept): 3rd Annual PorchFest
- September 12: Regular Meeting, 6:30-8pm
- October: Fall Newsletter and Welcome Bag Distribution