Come to the next MPNO monthly meeting on Wed., March 8 to talk about spring/summer events and we’ll be accepting nominations for new officers! We’ll be at the St. Casimir Church, Room 107 starting at 6:30pm. Download the agenda here (pdf). Stop in! You can also sign up for newsletters and updates over in the right column to get more information on meetings and events.
- March 8: Regular Meeting, 6:30-8pm (2017/18 board nominations accepted)
- Early April: Spring Newsletter and Welcome Bag Distribution
- April 8: Easter Egg Hunt, (rain date April 9)
- May 13: Spring Planting and Park Clean-Up
- June 14: Regular Meeting, 6:30- 8pm (voting for 2017/18 board members)
- 3rd Saturday June – Sept.: Driveway Movie Nights
- Late Summer (August/Sept): 2nd Annual PorchFest
- September 13: Regular Meeting, 6:30- 8pm
- October 14: Fall Park Clean-Up
Wishing you peace, joy, and all the best this holiday season has to offer!
The Lansing Board of Water & Light is holding a design charette to hear community input on the exterior appearance of the Central Substation to be constructed at the southwest corner of W. Malcolm X St. and S. Washington Ave. It is at the REO Depot, 1201 S. Washington Ave. in Lansing this Wednesday, December 7 at 6pm.
Bob Ford with Landscape Architecture & Planners, and Ken Jones with Studio Intrigue, will moderate the meeting.
This is the first design charette to discuss designs since the project was approved by the Lansing City Council on September 26. The next design charette will be held the week of January 9, with a third meeting scheduled the week of January 23 if necessary. The outcome of these community meetings will help the designers determine how best to reflect the community’s input.
We will be having a special meeting this coming Monday, Dec. 5th from 6:30- 8pm to discuss 2017 priorities based on the survey conducted earlier this year, decide what events we’d like to hold and determine whether or not to apply for the two grants that are available to neighborhood groups from the city this year. The meeting will be at St. Casimir in room 107. See you there!